I hate getting caught up in rumors, but its been out there for awhile, that there maybe an update to the iPad coming this September. If ever there was a greater mistake then this I don’t know what is. Normally I wouldn’t bother posting something up like this, because I know common sense dictates that there should be no update, but sometimes, where there is smoke there is fire. And as anyone who follows Apple from any distance knows, anything is possible from this company. I fully expect to see an iPhone 5 (4gs whatever) and maybe the next generation iPod touch, but anything to do with an iPad with have the legions of people who forked out up to $1100 just this last spring pretty pissed. I think its safe to assume that in this case a rumor is just a rumor, but if its not, I know I won’t be a happy camper.
Having said that, if they are going to update it, here are a few features I wouldn’t mind seeing. Either this September or whenever they decide to release it. Which I would guesstimate to be around April 2012. (surprise?!)
1. USB / HDMI ports (I think this speaks for itself)
2. 4G at least but I would prefer LTE support.
3. Retina Display (I couldn’t believe that the iPad 2 didn’t have this, but I guess to keep costs down they did this)
4. Upgraded Front and Back Camera. (My Nexus S on Skype looks a lot better then FaceTime on the iPad2)
5. Drop the 16GB version and start the 32GB at the 16GB price. What is this? 2005?!
I’m sure there are many other features people would like to see, but this would be a great start.
Oh yes, and as the reader below commented, Flash… Miracles do happen sometimes, granted in fairy tale land, but this is one and the Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup will be right up there!